Crazy thread: Crazy Wool clothing
Materials for Crazy Wool
- Any thread for knitting, you can remnants, suitable thread of different thickness and completely different textures.
- Wool for felting.
- Shreds of fabric, they can be woven into the pattern.
- Sewing threads to match the main color of the future product.
- Water soluble stabilizer for embroidery. In appearance, this is such a translucent fabric that looks like a cellophane matte film. Sold in stores for handicrafts.
- Spray-fixer for embroidery or wool painting (sold in the stores of goods for needlework) or hairspray of strong fixation.
- Sewing machine.
Stages of work:
1. Take the stabilizer of the desired size - the size of the future product. If the product has a complex shape, then the stabilizer should be cut according to the pattern (for example, in the manufacture of clothing). Stabilizer spread out on the desktop.
2. Spray a retainer over the stabilizer.
3. The first layer of thread. On the stabilizer the threads of the first layer are laid out in a chaotic order.
4. The second layer of thread.Laid out like the first. If you plan a pattern - then you can start laying the threads of the right color.
5. The third and subsequent layers of threads. It is necessary to continue "stuffing" the "sandwich" in accordance with the chosen pattern or color scheme. Depending on the complexity of the picture, a different number of layers may be required. For example, for a simple openwork scarf it will take 5 layers of thread.
6. When the picture is laid out with threads, it should be secured with a retainer or hair spray. It is important to make sure that the threads fill all the voids, and the openwork is not too large.
7. Cover the product on top with a layer of stabilizer.
8. On the sewing machine chaotically stitch the resulting canvas. The distance between the seams is no more than 2 cm, if the pattern is small, then 1.5 cm or even less. Some needlewomen do not follow the chaotic principle, but make even-seamed cages like quilted things.
9. Place the stitched product in warm water (temperature about 30 degrees Celsius). The stabilizer will dissolve.
10. Dry the finished product. If it is a scarf or collar, you should crochet the edges or tape it. If you plan to further build - then the edges can not handle.
New Year's box
Sewing a heart pillow
Frame for a photo with your own hands
Wire Connection Methods in a Junction Box
Modular furniture - a solution for small spaces