10 Minute Oven Roasted Shrimp Scampi Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 1005
Easy Shrimp Scampi
- Heat a skillet until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring or turning them until they just turn pink—you'll be cooking them a little longer at the end, so don't worry if you're not sure they are done in the middle.
- Turn the heat down, and add the butter to the pan. If using the shallot, add now and cook for about a minute. Add the garlic and cayenne pepper, if using, and cook until fragrant. Add the wine and lemon juice, and lemon zest, if desired.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan, stir, and heat through. Add parsley if using.
Serving Suggestions and Cooking Tips
Serve this easy shrimp scampi over cauliflower rice or shirataki noodles (or other low-carb noodles such as tofu noodles).
Buying shrimp can be confusing if you don't handle shrimp regularly. Shrimp is sold either fresh or frozen—buying frozen is best since most shrimp is frozen at sea when it was caught and brought to the supermarket that way. The pink fresh-looking shrimp in the display case is just previously frozen-thawed shrimp on ice.
Choose frozen headless shrimp with the shell and tail on. You want shrimp in as natural a state as possible, excluding the head. While some people eat shrimp heads on their own, it's best it be removed upon being caught. If you're lucky enough to buy live shrimp, you will remove the head just before or just after cooking.
If you buy the freshest shrimp (live shrimp or whole frozen shrimp), it will not be deveined unless you ask your fishmonger to do it for you.
If you prefer to do it at home, follow these instructions:
- After washing the shrimp in cold water, remove the head, shell, and tail.
- With a paring knife or shrimp deveiner, make a shallow incision down the middle of the back of the shrimp. When you find a dark vein, slide the knife underneath and pull the vein out of the shrimp with your finger. Discard the vein.
Video: Shrimp Scampi - Recipe by Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 182
Now Playing: Spare Parts: Five Questions for Jeff Dunham
This Woman Did What Only 6 in the World Have Done
How to Be a Successful Gambler
This 27-Year-Old Shared the Most Beautiful Post Right Before She Died From Cancer
8 Illuminating Skincare Facts
Teach Your Kids to Let You Sleep
12 Ways You Know He Loves You Even if He Doesn’t Say It
How to Be an Individual (for Kids)
Colon Cancer Symptoms and Diagnosis
Cozy Boho-Inspired DIY Fringe T-Shirt