Alia's Tips: How to Make Palmiers or Elephant Ears Cookies!
Elephant Ears (Palmiers)
Oct 30, 2010
Make the classic Elephant Ears (pictured left) with 3 simple ingredients; call them "Palmiers" to impress the guests.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Yields: 5 dozen
Prep Time: 0 hours 35
Total Time: 0 hours 50
package frozen puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and salt; pour 1 cup mixture onto work surface. Unfold 1 sheet puff pastry onto sugar mixture; pour another 1/2 cup mixture on top, spreading it evenly on pastry. With rolling pin, lightly roll dough into 13-inch square, pressing sugar into pastry on top and bottom. Fold two sides of square toward center so edges are halfway to middle. Fold again so the two folds meet exactly at middle of dough. Then fold one half over other half as though closing a book. (You will have 6 layers.) Cut dough crosswise into 3/8-inch-thick slices; place slices, cut side up, 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies 6 minutes or until caramelized and brown on bottom. With metal spatula, turn cookies over and bake 3 to 5 minutes longer, until caramelized on other side. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Place second sheet of pastry on same sugared work surface; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup sugar mixture. Continue as in steps 2 and 3, reusing cooled cookie sheets as necessary. (There will be quite a bit of sugar left over.)
- Store cookies in airtight container, with waxed paper between layers, at room temperature up to overnight.
Video: How To Make Puff Pastry sweet Palmiers or Elephant ears (easy perfect recipe)
Marie Claire meets the new Doctor Who companion, Pearl Mackie
You Gotta Have Faith
How to Make Bread Dhokla
Best Lip Plumper Products – Our Top 15 Picks
Top 6 BB and CC Creams to Try Now
22 Unique Engagement Rings Youll Be Obsessed With
How to Hide a Fence
The 6 most common gym mistakes
2019 Christmas Outfits for Plus size women – 23 Party Wear
How to Become a Watchmaker
Date: 05.12.2018, 12:49 / Views: 41151