How to Clear Notifications On an Android Device
How to Clear Message Notifications on Android
In certain cases message notifications may not go away even after reading the message and locking your screen. This bug can result in message previews clogging up your notifications bar. Fortunately, there are several ways to deal with this nuisance and have your phone screen clear of any lurking notifications.
Clear the Data
Go to "Settings."
- Navigate through your home screen and find the icon that looks like a gear. This is the settings application. Tap with your finger to launch.
Select "Application Manager."
- Make sure you’re in the “General” section of the settings – confirm that the “General” marked tab is highlighted in a lighter blue (located at the top right hand corner of the screen).
- Tap the “Application manager” option.
- A list of all the applications currently downloaded on your phone will appear.
- Scroll down through the list of applications until you find the “Messages” app. Tap on it to show the information directly related to the application.
Tap on “Clear data.”
- You can find this option within the Storage information directly below the “Show notifications” check box.
Uncheck “Do not keep activities” in Settings
Head to the "Settings" menu.
- See method 1, step 1.
Scroll down and tap on "Developer Options."
Uncheck “Do not keep activities.”
- Scroll down through the Developer options menu until you see “Do not keep activities” under the “Apps” tab. If the box next to “Do not keep activities” is checked, uncheck it now.
Make sure that “Background Process Limit” is set to Standard.
- This can be found in the same “Apps” submenu as Step 3.
Delete Messages in SIM Card
Head to your message inbox.
- Navigate through your home screen and find the app labeled “Messages.” The icon resembles an envelope with a letter inside of it. Tap the application to open.
Access the “Menu” in the application.
- Tap on the “Menu” key on your phone. A list of several options will pop up on your screen.
Tap on "Settings."
- Make sure that you are in “Text message (SMS) settings.” You can check this by making sure the “SMS/MMS” tab at the top of the screen is highlighted in light blue.
Scroll and look for “Manage SIM card messages.”
- Tap on this option to access messages saved to your SIM card.
- Tap the delete button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
If the above steps don’t work, go to "Message Settings."
- Navigate back to the SMS settings menu listed in step 3.
- If checked, uncheck the box next to “Delivery reports.”
Reboot your phone.
Try a Different Messaging App
Head to the Play Store.
- Navigate through your home screen and find the app labeled “Play Store.” The icon resembles a bag stamped with a multicolored play button.
Type in “Messaging” on the search box.
- A list of popular messaging apps will appear below the search box.
Pick an application.
- Scroll through the applications until you find one you like. Be sure to compare reviews of different apps before making a decision.
- Once you have chosen a messaging app tap its icon to get a larger description of the application and access the installation button.
Install and use them as default.
- Tap “Install” button to the right of the application’s icon.
- Once the application has downloaded onto your phone you can use it as a default for messaging.
QuestionHow do I stop getting text notifications about my missed calls?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGo into settings and notifications and turn off this function.Thanks!
How can I delete messages from my notification log?
I have a Moto 3G. How do I navigate to my sim card to delete any messages that may be there?
The problem still persists. What should I do?
- For Method 4, some great alternative messaging apps are Ninja SMS, Handcent, and TextSecure
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Português: , Русский: , Español: , Italiano: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands:
of How to Clear Message Notifications on Android was reviewed by on March 24, 2015.
Mar 11, 2019
Feb 8, 2019
Video: How to clear stuck notifications in android phone ?
Threading Hair Removal 101
How to Overcome Bad Mental Hygiene
8 Trainers Share Their Favorite Moves for Amazing Obliques
You May Not Have Heard of This Painful Skin Disease—But Its Actually Pretty Common
The 7 Best Protein Bars to Buy in 2019
5 Ways to Be Proper
How to Know when to See a Doctor About Your Cough
More About Milk – The Daily Dose Of Beauty And Strength
17 Life-Changing Makeup Hacks Every Woman Should Know
Why You Should Be Mixing-And-Matching Your Earrings
21 Looks That Will Make You Crazy for Purple Hair
7 Easy Hairstyle Changes to Improve Your Looks
Melania Trumps Cairo hotel cost 95,000
How to Ride a Destination Dispatch Elevator