5 Ways to Wear a Leather Skirt
How to Wear a Leather Skirt
Leather skirts are feminine, versatile, and timeless. They come in a variety of cuts and colors that flatter every body type, from banana to hour glass. When accessorized correctly, a leather skirt can become appropriate for the office, club, or casual get-together.
Selecting the Perfect Skirt for Your Body Type
Find the perfect skirt to accentuate your pear shape.A woman’s figure is classified as pear-shaped if her hips are the widest part of her body. Women with pear-shaped figures want to accentuate their narrow waist while minimizing their wide hips. A high-waisted a-line skirt is the ideal leather skirt for a woman with this figure.
- Lengthen your figure by wearing an a-line skirt that hits just below your knees.
- If you want to draw attention to your curves, wear a high-waisted pencil skirt.
Choose the right skirt to complement your banana shape.The banana figure is used to describe women with few curves—there is little distinction between the size of their shoulders and the width of their hips. While every type of leather skirt will flatter this figure, the ideal leather skirt for women with a banana shape is one the creates the illusion of curves.
- If you prefer pencil skirts, select a leather skirt with a peplum.
- If you like to wear mini-skirts, find one that rests just below your hips and curves out gently. Origami, or envelope, skirts are great options—these form-fitting skirts will show off any curves you do have and their short hemlines will feature your slim legs.
Pick the right skirt to highlight your hourglass figure.Women with an hourglass figure have a curvy bust, narrow waist, and shapely hips. If you are blessed with this figure, wear leather skirts that show off your natural curves. Appropriate styles include pencil skirts and high-waisted skirts.
- High-waisted skirts with flowy fabric are ideal for women that want to minimize their midsection.
Select the perfect skirt for your apple shape.People with an apple figure have a slim lower body—their chest is wider than their hips. They also tend to carry weight in their midsection. The ideal skirt for women with an apple shape is one that balances their curvy upper body with their narrow hips. Find a full-volume leather skirt that is cinched at the waist, such as a high-waisted flouncy skirt.
- When appropriate, show off your incredible legs with a short hemline.
- High-waisted, flouncy skirts will give you the illusion of a narrow waist while minimizing your midsection.
Wearing a Leather Skirt to Work
Choose an appropriate skirt.If you are going to wear a leather skirt to the office, make sure it is suitable for the workplace. Select a leather skirt with a long hemline, such as a knee or midi skirt. The skirt should be cut in a more conservative silhouette —avoid leather skirts that are too tight or have an inappropriately high slit.
Pair it with a classic or conservative top.Choose a simple, elegant top that complements the luxuriousness of the leather skirt. For a timeless look, tuck a crisp white button-up into the waistband of your leather skirt. If you’re frequently cold, wear a cardigan, jumper, or fitted blazer over the blouse.
- In the fall and winter, pair your leather skirt with a delicate cashmere sweater or a chunky, oversized knit.
- In the spring and summer, wear a lightweight blouse or high-neck tank.
Accessorize simply.When you are at the office, keep your accessories simple and minimal. Slip on a pair of basic pumps, cute booties, or high boots. Wear a statement necklace or a few dainty pieces of jewelry.
- If you are planning to go out after work, put less conservative shoes and jewelry in your bag.
Styling a Leather Skirt
Wear a leather skirt to a party.Every party girl should own a leather mini that accentuates her figure. Pair your form-flattering skirt with an eye-catching sequin top. Accessorize your look with a pair of heels, a little jewelry, and a clutch.
- Create a classic party-girl vibe with a black mini skirt.
- Mini skirts should never be micro. They should hit your mid thigh.
Experiment with color.Leather skirts come in so many fun colors, from a practical black to an electric hot pink. After acquiring one or two basic leather skirts, invest in a few color pieces for your wardrobe. Use your leather skirts in multiple hues as the foundation for colorful ensembles or monotone outfits.
- Wear black on black. For a chic, timeless look, pair your black leather skirt with a black top and metal-toned accessories.
- Wear white-on-white. Turn heads in a white leather skirt paired with a pure white top.
- Channel nature. Layer an earth tone top and accessories over a suede buckskin colored skirt.
- Pick pastels. In the spring, pair a pastel leather skirt with a flowy floral top.
- Add a pop of color to your outfit with a vibrant red, orange, green, or blue leather skirt.
Dress down a leather skirt.Often, leather skirts are worn to formal, festive, or office affairs. When paired with the right top and accessories, however, a leather skirt can look extremely comfy, casual, or sporty.
- Comfy: Wear a light grey sweatshirt or oversized sweater and a black pencil skirt. Slip on a low pair of heels and grab a basic bag.
- Casual: Put on a classic black leather pencil skirt. Instead of a formal blouse, wear an eye-catching screen-tee. Keep your accessories to a minimum.
- Sporty: Pair a black leather skirt with a basic white tee and sling an oversized jacket over your shoulders. Trade out your strappy heels for a pair of tennis shoes and your luxurious accessories for a sports watch and backpack.
To wear a leather skirt, start by choosing the right skirt for your body type. For example, if you’re pear-shaped, try a high-waisted a-line skirt to accentuate your waist while minimizing your hips. Alternatively, try a pencil skirt with a peplum to create the illusion of curves. Next, choose an appropriate skirt length and silhouette. If you’re wearing a leather skirt to work, for example, select a knee length or midi skirt that’s not too tight. Outside of work, pair a leather skirt with a floral top or oversized sweater for a casual, yet stylish look.
Video: HOW TO STYLE A LEATHER SKIRT | Lily Pebbles
Cory Monteith’s Cousin Speaks Out Following Glee Star’s Death
How to Apply Subtle Eyeshadow
DIY Crochet Leather Tassel Bracelet
Ways to Cope With Not Being Able to Run
Boldest Celebrity Necklines That Go Way Beyond Your Imagination
Reach out for caregiver support
This Is Exactly How Many Steps You Should Be Walking A Day for Weight Loss
Using Fiber Over the Long Term
Beauty Mistakes to Avoid ThisWinter
How to Use Shopify on PC or Mac
Love Island’s Iain Stirling is going to solve the Georgia drama once and for all
Get Royally Jacked With The King In The North’s Workout
3 Simple Fitness Tips for Couples