Secrets of the exercise plank
A beautiful and fit body is the dream of many. But you can get it only with the help of regular and correctly performed physical exercises. One of them is an exercise bar.
What is this exercise?
The plank exercise was invented a few decades ago and was popular, but then for some reason was forgotten. And yet relatively recently it was again recalled.
Exercise is static, that is, it does not involve any movements. The name it received, most likely due to the main position, similar to the bar. The body must be straight, and all muscles must be strained.
What parts of the body work?
It would seem that the exercise is incredibly simple. But during its execution almost all the muscles of the body are involved. Plank allows you to work through the following muscle groups:
- Leg muscles The legs are the main support, therefore, maintaining the position is provided by the tension of the legs, hips and feet.
- Muscles buttocks. They are also shrinking.
- Arm muscles.Hands also perform a supporting function.
- Pectoral muscles. They ensure the correct position of the hands.
- The abdominal muscles fix the body in the correct position. It is noteworthy that almost all the muscles of this group are being worked out: the upper, lower, and even the lateral ones.
- The muscles of the back. They fix the spine.
Benefits of Exercise
Effects of exercise plank:
- Maximum muscle development. First, they begin to work fully almost immediately after taking the correct posture. Secondly, the so-called deep muscles are used, which, when performing normal exercises, remain in a relaxed state.
- The body will become tight and embossed.
- Exercise will help restore normal muscle work after injury.
- Working regularly, you can strengthen your willpower.
- Plank increases the endurance of the body.
- Exercise will help warm up the muscles before more physical exercise. It can be used as a workout.
The benefits of exercise plank:
- No special equipment is required for this.
- Exercise does not take much time. This is an ideal option for busy people.
- Changing the position of the body, you can change the load and maximally work out those or other groups of muscles.
- You do not need much effort.
- Exercise can perform almost everything, it has no contraindications and side effects.
The results will be noticeable after a month, subject to regular exercise. Muscles will become more taut and prominent, you will have strength.
How to perform?
How to do the plank exercise? There are several different ways. Examine the options and choose the most appropriate.
Classic strap on straight arms
- The starting position: the legs are straight, the feet are also straight, are located next to each other and rest against the floor, the arms are placed at the width of the shoulders, the brushes are located just under the shoulders, the palms and wrists form a right angle. The head should form a straight line with the body.
- Fulfillment: as you exhale, take a starting position, strain all your muscles as much as possible and hold your position. Make sure the body is straight and in the correct position. The pelvis should not fall down, like the loins. Breathe smoothly and deeply. Stay in this position for about a minute, then relax and rest.
- Use: exercise perfectly works the abdominal muscles.
Classic elbow strap
- The starting position will be the same as in the classic version, but you will need to bend your arms at the elbows. Hands are also located on the width of the shoulders, between the shoulders and the body should form a right angle, that is, the elbows should not mix forward or backward. Brushes can be connected to the castle.
- Execution: Take a starting position and fix it. It is important to monitor the level position of the body and not to allow "sagging" of any of its parts.
- Advantage: this variant of the bar will help to work not only the muscles of the press, but also the muscles of the waist, as well as large deltoid and pectoral muscles.
Side bar on straight arm
- Starting position: lie on your right side and rest on the floor with your right hand. Make sure that the brush is located in the same vertical line with the shoulder (a right angle will be formed between the shoulder and the body). Legs can be placed either one in front of the other (preferably the right one in front of the left one to provide a stable support), or one on top of the other (this option is more complicated, since it requires keeping the balance). The left hand either lies on the left side, or is placed on the belt, or raised up. Turn the head forward or to the left.
- Execution: on exhalation, take the initial position and hold it for a minute. Take care that the body is straight, and the pelvis does not deviate sideways. After a minute, change the side and do the exercise again.
- Benefit: muscles of the buttocks and hips are involved. In addition, the internal and external abdominal muscles are tightened.
Side bar on the elbow
- The initial position will be the same as in the previous version, but you need to rely on the elbow. Bend your arm and make sure that the elbow is located in the same plane with the shoulder. Place the forearm on the floor perpendicular to the shoulder.
- Execution: make sure that the body is placed directly without sagging. Lock the position for a minute, then change the side and repeat the exercise.
- Benefits: muscles of the chest, arms, hips, buttocks and the press work. And thanks to the need to maintain balance, maximum development is achieved.
Strand with twisting
- Starting position: rest up with both hands on the floor, and turn the lower part through one side up. Legs are placed in front of each other (the first one is better to place one that is closer to the support). It turns out that the legs and pelvis will be located in relation to the support sideways, and the trunk - straight.
- Execution: fix the position for a minute, then turn the bottom part to the other side.
- Benefit: maximally worked out obliques.
Plank with arms crossed
- Starting position: straight legs rest on the floor, arms extended, but not straight, but crossed. Brushes are placed next to each other.
- Execution: take the original position and save it for a minute.
- Advantage: the muscles of the hands are worked out, as well as the muscles-stabilizers.
- Starting position: lie down on the floor and lean against the back on your hands. The arms are straight and shoulder-width apart, and the hands and forearms form a right angle. Look up.
- Fulfillment: stay in a busy position for a minute, then relax.
- Benefit: The load is placed on the calves and gluteal muscles.
- The initial position will be the same as in the previous version, but the legs need to be bent at the knees so that the shins are located perpendicular to the hips, and the hips are in the same plane with the trunk.
- Execution: Make sure the body is straight.
- Use: strengthens the muscles of the neck, abs, legs and arms.
How to complicate the exercise? If possible, tear off one leg or arm from the support, this will increase the load. You can also place the upper body on the fitball.In this case, the load will increase due to the need to fix the body and maintain balance.
- If it is difficult for you to maintain your position, rest against the floor with your knees, not with your feet.
- Do not immediately try to maintain a position for a minute. Start with 10-15 seconds. Gradually increasing the time, you can walk up to 1-2 minutes.
- Do the exercise daily, and preferably several times a day.
- Watch your breath. Breathe evenly and deeply so that the muscles are saturated with oxygen.
- You can perform several approaches at once (from 3 to 5). Rest between sets should not exceed 30-60 seconds, so that the muscles do not have time to "cool down".
Take up the exercise plank and evaluate its effectiveness.
Work with embossed and dense wallpaper
Delightful 3D surround decor, for which only nails and a skein of yarn are needed
Vegetable oils - information about each. Save, come in handy
How to make a pop for the toilet
Only 3 housewives knew about this trick. I didn’t even imagine
We crochet Amigurumi Mouse
Amigurumi do-it-yourself dog