ONE POT MEXICAN QUINOA CHILI RECIPE | Easy, Cheap, & Vegan | Vlogmas Day 20
Simple One-Pot Vegan Chili
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||39%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep20 min, Cook35 min
Servings6 (1 1/2 cups each)
There's a lot to love about chili. When done right, it's usually packed with healthy staple ingredients like antioxidant-rich beans, vegetables, and spices. A vegan take on this one-pot recipe is just as satisfying as the meaty version, but contains less unhealthy fat and boasts extra servings of fiber.
Cauliflower adds wonderful texture and flavor and the mixture of fresh vegetables and canned tomatoes pack in the anti-inflammatory power. For an extra dose of inflammation-fighting nutrition, serve with a side of whole grain brown rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Suggested toppings: chopped cilantro, chopped green onion
- Heat oil in large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, pepper, cauliflower, and celery for 3 to5 minutes until tender. Season with salt.
- Add garlic and cumin, cook for one minute, stirring gently to toast cumin.
- Stir in vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, and diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Add chili powder and celery salt.
- Add beans and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Other vegetable suggestions include chopped mushrooms, diced sweet potato, shelled edamame, or fresh corn. They'll add hearty texture to the chili, but note that calories will vary.
If you can't find canned diced tomatoes with green chilies, replace with regular canned diced tomatoes—you'll still get plenty of lycopene.
Cooking and Serving Tip
All chili powders have different levels of heat, so taste ahead of time and adjust the portion of this ingredient accordingly. It's better to add more in small increments instead of making the dish too spicy right away!
This chili freezes beautifully so make a large batch and store portions for a future meal.
Video: EASY VEGAN CHILI | hot for food
The Best Guidelines on When to Throw Away Makeup
Monique Lamoureux, Jocelyn Lamoureux feared being cut from US womens hockey team
How to Contact Leah Remini
This Dads Lazy Shortcut For Getting His Baby To Sleep Is CrazyBrilliant
MORE: Stylish Workout Clothes You Can Definitely Wear Beyond theGym
Herb of the week turmeric in hindi Video
25 Ways to Lose Weight
Winter Wonderland Cookies
Nicole Richie Learns How to Properly Use Highlighter, Teaches Us a Thing orTwo
Stock market today: Nasdaq heads for lowest close in 6 months, FAANG falls
How to Create Deer Food Plots