What is the best way to replace baking paper?
Any housewife knows that in order to avoid burning baking, you need to use special baking paper. But what if it was not at hand, and the dough is ready? Try to find a worthy replacement!
So, what can replace baking paper?
- Regular office paper A4, which is used for printing. It has sufficient strength and dense structure, therefore it will withstand elevated temperatures and forms a protective layer between the bottom of the mold and the dough inside it. But before using the paper, it is necessary to lubricate it well with oil so that it becomes saturated. And it is desirable to use butter, but softened, as melted it will provoke wetting of the leaf and make it brittle, which further will lead to damage and destruction of cellulose fibers. And in order to reliably protect the pastry, you can lay the form with several sheets stacked on top of each other. In any case, the bottom should be completely closed.
- At home, use the paper from which the bags are used, used in pastry shops or bakeries (this material has a gray-brown tint). It is dense and durable, withstands thermal effects and is not deformed, so it can protect the cake, cake or cookies from burning. If desired, this paper can be further oiled.
- Try to cover the bottom of the mold or pan with foil. Although it is designed for slightly different purposes, it is still quite suitable for baking, especially if the quality of the container leaves much to be desired. But, first, such material must be durable and have sufficient thickness, since thin can stick and tear. Secondly, lay the foil with the glossy side up, and the matte - to the bottom of the form. In this case, the risks of burning will decrease. In addition, contact of the frosted layer with food can lead to oxidation and taste change. If the foil is thin, then roll it up. And if such material is folded in several layers, then with its help it is possible to give certain contours to baking, for example, to form edges or to reduce the bottom compared to the upper part.
- Housewives who are aware of advanced culinary technologies are surely familiar with such a modern device as a silicone mat. It looks like a thin elastic sheet, in structure resembling rubber. If this rug to lay the bottom of the form, the dough is unlikely to burn. A smooth texture will reduce the probability of sticking to the finished baking and make it easier to remove from the container. But it is impossible to cut ready-made pies or cakes on similar devices, as they can be damaged.
- Sewing or clerical tracing paper will fit perfectly. It is also quite durable, although it is transparent. But such material should be absolutely clean, not marked up and not lined. Before use, you can slightly grease the tracing paper with butter, but only slightly, otherwise the strength will decrease.
- Another achievement of culinary science is the so-called silicone paper, which can be found in the dishes and kitchen utensils. It is made of paper material, but covered with silicone, forming a protective layer. Such paper is sold in the form of rolls or sheets, and it can be used up to five to eight times.
- Packages or sleeves for roasting in the oven are also suitable, but it is better to use them in extreme cases. Pre-package can be cut along the edge to turn it into a single canvas. But if the form is small, then it is desirable to use the sleeve in its original form: two layers are better than one. And if you are afraid that the dough will stick to the bag, pre-place it with soft oil.
- If you don’t have anything of the above, then in this case you shouldn’t give up the idea of preparing something for tea. Just do what our grandmothers and great-grandmothers did. First, grease the bottom of the pan with a well-softened butter or high-quality margarine, then sprinkle it with flour, semolina or breadcrumbs. Such a layer will protect against burning and make it easy to remove the finished pastries.
Tip: before you use the improvised tool or fixture, place it in a heated oven and follow the changes. If the material began to melt, to smoke, and the more so to burn, then it is impossible to use it for such purposes.
It starts with the fact that you can not use as a replacement for baking paper.Absolutely not fit the newspaper: first, it is very thin, and secondly, the letters and illustrations can be printed on the dough, and dyes - to penetrate into its structure. Do not use cellophane bags or food film. The polyethylene from which they are made will instantly melt during heat treatment and, first, mix with the bottom of the dough, and second, stick or literally melt to the bottom of the baking pan.
Now a few words about the process of baking. In order not to burn the dough, you should cook it at a low or medium temperature - about 160-170 degrees. If you raise it, then the walls of the mold will quickly and strongly heat up, and the baking will immediately start burning to them. In addition, you should not place the shelf on which the tank will stand, too low. If you raise it higher, it will be removed from the fire, and the risks of burning will significantly decrease.
Tip: in order to reduce the heating of the bottom and walls of the mold and minimize the risks of burning, you can place a container with water under the preparing pastries. This method will allow heating the container gradually and not very much, but with the heat spreading through the oven, it means the dough will be completely baked.
Now the absence of baking paper will not exactly knock you out of the rut, because you know how to replace it.
How to choose the right chandelier for each room (11 photos)
Elegant and glamorous interior item
Homemade heart-shaped candies
15 cool dishes that can be cooked in 15 minutes
Kuram laugh, or creatives from around the world. Ideas for creativity